torsdag 31. juli 2014

July Book Haul!

So I thought, what better way to start of this blog, than with a book haul :)

I wasn't going to buy any books for a while, because I have so many books on my bookshelf already that I need to read. But then it still happened, ups… But really the main reason for buying these books was because I wanted some more stand alone novels. I mostly read series, so I thought it would be nice to have some stand alones to break off with once in a while. I still got to sneak in some books that are part of a series though. Again..ups.. ;)

I have a total of 17(!) books to show, so without further adieu, lets get started. The books I got was:

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty click here for synopsis

My thoughts:
This book was the one that made me actually give in to buying books, even though I had decided not to. It is an adult book, and I haven't read a lot of adult book, so I wanted to try something new. And besides, it does sound pretty intriguing. 













The Lost Husband by Katherine Center click here for synopsis


My thoughts:
This is another adult book, and it just seems like such a nice, sweet story. And with it's 304 pages it should be a pretty quick read.














Hush Little Baby by Suzanne Redfearn click here for synopsis

 My thoughts:
Just sounds like another great, adult book about a very serious topic, domestic violence. A sad, but still interesting read.
















Such a rush by Jennifer Echols click here for synopsis

My thoughts:
This is a contemporary book, which is a genre I don't read a lot of. I've heard and read so many good reviews about this one. And who doesn't love a good love triangle drama.















Cuckoo Song by Frances Hardinge click here for synopsis

My thoughts:
I was in a mood for reading some scary books when I ordered this. I don't know if it is a good idea, cause I get scared pretty easily, and I almost never watch horror movies anymore. But hopefully this book isn't too scary. Crossing my fingers :)














Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson click here for synopsis

My thoughts:
A book that has gotten a lot of hype lately in the book community, which was manly the reason why I bought it. A light, fun summer read.















Still Missing by Chevy Stevens click here for synopsis

My thoughts:
A thriller/mystery book, which is a genre I have not read a lot from, but I think I will enjoy. It is the type of movie I would have chosen to see, so hopefully I will like reading it. My sister has read it and she says it is really good.














The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han click here for synopsis

My thoughts:
Antoher book that has gotten a lot of hype lately, because of Jenny Han's recently new book.
This is the first book in a trilogy, and it just seem like the perfect summer read which I find pretty fitting as it is in fact summer :)














Spirit Bound and Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead click here and here for synopsis

 My thoughts:
This is the last two books in the Vampire Academy series. I have read the first two and I really enjoyed them. So I wanted to make sure I had all the books ready when I continue on with the series.



































Between by Jessica Warman click here for synopsis

My thoughts:
Not much to say..another mystery/thriller ghost story, which sounds really intriguing. Can't wait!
















Torn Away by Jennifer Brown click here for synopsis

My thoughts:
This book sounds so sad, but also very beautiful. I read a lot of YA fantasy books, so it is nice with some books that have real life stories. Getting you're life ruined by a tornado, is something a lot of people has experienced. I'm looking forward to seeing how this book turns out.













Dear Thing by Julie Cohen click here for synopsis

My thoughts:
Yet another adult book. This plot sounds very interesting, and it seems like a hopeless situation. I think this book can turn out to be very sad.















Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher click here for synopsis

My thoughts:
Another popular book in the book community. It sounds super intriguing and mysterious. It seems like I have really been wanting to read about pretty serious topics, and this book is no exception as it is about suicide. Another fun fact, I think it is going to be made into a movie, which is always fun :)













White Bones and Broken Angels by Graham Masterton click here and here for synopsis

My thoughts:
This is book 1 and 2 in the "Katie Maguire" series. There is a third book, but that don't come out until september 1st this year.
I saw this first book in the airport a couple of years ago, and was really intrigued when I read the back of it. Then I suddenly remembered it and couldn't pass up the opportunity to get it this time.
It is a crime/mystery/thriller series, and it sounds so good.





























Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight's click here for synopsis

My thoughts:
This was kind of a fail order for me. I thought I ordered the real book, but in stead I got this 30-minute instaread summary…doh… Who wants something like that anyway? well-well, guess I have learned to read the description properly from now on, before ordering ;)









That was all the books I got for now. It will (hopefully) be a while before my next book haul, because I need to read more from my TBR shelf. But at least now I have a lot of fun and different stand alones to read in between all the series. It is so much fun getting new books, and I guess since I had my birthday in July it is justified ;)

….
Elin

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar