torsdag 11. september 2014

Book Review: Legend

Goodreads synopsis:
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

My thoughts on the plot:
I love dystopian books, and I always find that their synopsis' sounds so interesting. The synopsis of legend is no exception. It sounded so good, but I have to say I was a little bit disappointed in the beginning. One thing I find very interesting with dystopian books, is the world building. Usually the world is totally different from the world we live in, and I enjoy seeing how the different authors choose to do it. In this book I felt like it lacked a lot of world building. I found myself wanting more.
But as I got through the book, more interesting stuff started happening, and more secrets about the world was revealed. Obviously those secrets couldn't be revealed in the beginning, cause that would just spoil the surprise, so as I got more into the book I could kind of see why Lu chose to do the world building the way she did.

My thoughts on the characters:
The two main characters, Day and June, was great. I also love to read from several peoples perspective, which you get to do here. They were pretty tough both of them, and I liked that. The love between them was a little bit boring though, but that might pick up in the next books.
The only thing I missed was like a funny character. Usually books contain a funny friend, and I always seem to really enjoy reading about them. So I wish a character like that was in the book. But who knows, maybe it will come later on.

All in all:
I wasn't super sucked into this book, and I did think it was a bit disappointing in the beginning. But with that being said, it really picked up throughout the books. Shocking secrets were revealed, and I found myself very interested in finding out "what's happening next".
I will definitely pick up the next book in the trilogy.
In the end I ended up giving this book:
….
Elin


1 kommentar:

  1. I am currently reading legend!!! I feel like Day cuz I'm waiting to receive medicine I need :(((((( on a positive note, I am running the Book Blog awards this year and wanted to let you know nominations have been extended and are now open until october 12th. There are 13 awards up for grabs. You may nominate your own blog or ask your readers to nominate you. Readers vote on November 15th.

    Please leave a comment on my blog or tweet me @emancipatedmimi to get the badge to add to your site. You may use it to encourage your readers to vote for your blog on Nov 15th. The awards are intended to be fun and exciting, and get your blog some exposure as well. Hope you will join =) I'm usually on twitter so tweet me anytime with questions or comments =)

    official announcement video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA0Utyx6hMI
    NOMINATE here: http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LJfSPMYlHSND3LZAypVoNak-nt67jeW5UHfjU6_GyHo/viewform
    VOTE HERE on Nov 15: http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jAz1fJ-30YuNZvijMm0JN6rxj_yhjSU7rVqSIZFlOtI/viewform?edit_requested=true

    SvarSlett