onsdag 17. september 2014

Book Review: Torn Away

Goodreads synopsis:
Jersey Cameron has always loved a good storm. Watching the clouds roll in and the wind pick up. Smelling the electricity in the air. Dancing barefoot in the rain. She lives in the Midwest, after all, where the weather is sure to keep you guessing. Jersey knows what to do when the tornado sirens sound. But she never could have prepared for this.

When her town is devastated by a tornado, Jersey loses everything. As she struggles to overcome her grief, she's sent to live with relatives she hardly knows-family who might as well be strangers. In an unfamiliar place, can Jersey discover that even on the darkest of days, there are some things no tornado can destroy?

My thoughts on the plot:
I have never read a book like this. The plot was what made me want to pick it up. It just sounded interesting and devastating at the same time. A natural disaster like a tornado, is something that I will never be able to fully understand how it feels like, because I live in a country where tornadoes never happen. But I wanted to read about it, to get a better understanding of what some really unlucky people actually have to go through. It sounded like a book that gets you're thoughts going, and I like that.

My thought on the character:
I liked the main character in the book, Jersey. And I felt sad, angry, devastated, happy along with her. I had absolute understanding for the times she freaked out or got really angry. What she had to go through was so sad, and I felt so bad for her.
Her little sister Marin was so funny and cute, and I loved all the fun things she did.
But OMG, her fathers family were awful. I hated them so much, and I really couldn't stand them. 
Her mothers parents on the other hand, was absolutely lovely, and I immediately became fond of them.

All in all:
This is a super sad book, but at the same time it also has a lot of great and beautiful moments. I can't begin to imagine how it would be to go through something as heart breaking as Jersey. I loved following her through all her ups and downs.
This book really makes you think about all the small things in life that we take for granted. You really don't know how lucky you are until you lose it.
But most importantly this book shows you how family and friends is the most important thing you've got, and how important it is to treasure this.
This book was very good, and I ended up giving it:
….
Elin

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar