søndag 31. august 2014

August Wrap Up - September TBR

The end of August is here, which means it is time to do a wrap up and a TBR blog post. I managed to read 6 books in August, which is an OK amount. I was hoping to get through more considering it was the bout of books read-a-thon this month, as well as I had my three weeks vacation. But I was more busy then I expected.
I'm still happy with the books I got through though, and without further adieu, lets get started with the wrap up.

The first book I read was My Husbands Secret by Liane Moriarty:

My thoughts:
I really enjoyed this book a lot, and it definitely made me want to pick up more of Liane Moriarty's books.

I did a book review for this, so if you would like to see what I thought about the book, click HERE.









I ended up giving this book:
The second book I read was Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead:

My thoughts:
This is the third book in the Vampire Academy series. This was fast pace and a lot of stuff happened. I still enjoy the characters a lot, and the story and mystery is great.
It ended with quite a heartbreaking cliffhanger.










This book got:
Then I read Blood Promise by Richelle Mead:

My thoughts:
The fourth book in the Vampire Academy series. This was actually kind of a disappointment to me. I felt like it was too slow, and not a lot of exciting things happened. The stuff that did happen was interesting, but I felt like the book dragged out a lot, and it got boring at times.









I gave this:
I then read Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher:

My thoughts:
I needed a break from the VA series, and I'm so glad I chose to pick up this book. I loved everything about it, the plot, the characters, the writing style. I also did a book review, which you can find by clicking HERE.










Of course this book got:
The next book I picked up was Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead:

My thoughts:
This is the fifth book in the Vampire Academy series. After a little break I decided to pick up this series again, cause I still wanted to know how it continued. And this book was definitely better then the last one.
This was filled with action, mystery and love drama. And I enjoyed all of it.








This book got:
The last book I read during the month of August was Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol:

My thoughts:
This is a graphic novel, which is something I haven't read a lot of.
It was a really quick and fun read, and I read it in one sitting. It also had a bit of a shocking twist, which I enjoyed.
It definitely made me want to pick up more graphic novels, cause it gives you a very different and fun reading experience.








The book got:
So all in all it was a really great reading month, where I've had a lot of super enjoyable reads.

When it comes to the September TBR, this will not be a list that is set in stone. I might change what I want to read and pick up other books then what I plan. But I do have some books I think I will definitely read.

First of all I will be reading Torn Away by Jennifer Brown:

I am currently reading this book, and I am very intrigued by the story so far.
I am starting work again on Monday, and this means sitting in traffic, which again means time for audiobooks. This month I am planning on listening to the Legend series by Marie Lu:
I also want to finish the Vampire Academy series, which means I will pick up the last book, Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead:
Other then that I will just pick up whatever I feel like. I hope to start a new series, but I have a couple of different to choose from so I don't know which one it will be yet. I'm also hoping to read more stand alones. 

….
Elin








Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar