mandag 11. august 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #2


Top ten tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This weeks topic is:

Top Ten Books I'm Not Sure I Want To Read

As the Broke and the Bookish puts it, books that has you going "To read or not to read" for different reasons. I have several books that falls under this category, so here is my top ten list.

1. Tigers Curse by Colleen Houck


















I have actually tried reading this once. I came about halfway through it, but then I just couldn't do it anymore. I really wanted to like this book, and continue on with the series, cause it sounds really good. But for some reason I just could not get into it. I don't know if I will ever try to read it again, but who knows, maybe someday I'm in the mood for it.

2. Fallen by Lauren Kate

















I actually have the first 3 books in this series on my bookshelf, but for some reason I am really hesitant to pick it up. I've heard so many mixed reviews about it, and it has gotten me confused as to wether or not I want to read it. But who knows, I might be one of the people who really loves it.

3. Matched by Ally Condie


















This is on my list for the same reasons as Fallen, the mixed reviews. In the beginning I felt like everybody loved it, but then it suddenly got a lot of hate as well. I love dystopian, and have really enjoyed all the books I've read in that genre so far, so because of that I'm leaning more towards actually trying it out and seeing for myself. Besides, I do own the entire trilogy ;)

4. Wither by Lauren DeStefano


















Yet another book on my list because of it's mixed reviews. I feel like there are more people who dislike this book, than who actually likes it. That obviously makes me question if I should pick it up. But the plot on the other hand sounds really intriguing. And as I mentioned with Matched, I do love dystopian books. I don't own this book, but my sister does. So if I decide to read it, I can just borrow her copy, and if I like it I can purchase the trilogy for myself.

5. Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake


















This is the second book in the Anna duology. I have read the first book, Anna Dressed in Blood, and I really enjoyed it. So the reason that his book is on the list is simply because I don't feel like I need to read it. I thought the first book was great on it's own, and it didn't really need a second book. I don't think I will ever pick this one up, and I really don't feel like I'm gonna miss out on anything either, not after the reviews I've read at least.

6. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs


















This is on my list for the same reason as Girl of Nightmares. This is the second book in the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children duology(?), and I have read the first book in this as well. Really liked that one also, but just don't feel like there needed to be made a sequel. But that's just my opinion. I am satisfied with just reading the first one, which by the way is a really interesting and unique book.

7. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


















This has gotten tons of good reviews, I've really never heard a bad word about it. And I was really planning on reading it, but then I went ahead and watched the movie first. And even though I liked the movie, I just don't feel like reading the book, cause I know the whole storyline. I love to read books and then watch the movie, but I don't really do the other way around. So I think this is going to be one of those books I maybe should have read, but just never are going to.

8. The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima


















This one I am struggling with. I have read Chima's other series The Seven Realms, and I absolutely loved it, it is one of my favorite series. But I have heard that The Seven Realms is a lot better than this series, so I'm just afraid to get really disappointed by it. I know this is a book that has gotten more attention lately in the book community, so I might just have to wait a little bit and see what people really think of it, and then decide if I want to pick it up or not.

9. Valkyre Rising by Ingrid Paulson


















This is a book I've had for quite some time now. The main reason I picked it up is because it is set in Norway, which is my country. Other than that I don't really know what it is about, and I just don't feel like I'm dragged towards it. I hope I do read it sometime, I just know it won't be picked up any time soon.

10. Graceling by Kristin Cashore


















I've had this book on my wish list for a very long time, but haven't picked it up manly because of the reviews…again. A lot of people really like this first book, but then I feel like nobody really enjoyed the rest of the series, which makes me think "then why should I bother picking it up?". But I really like fantasy books, and it sounds really good. I do have a feeling this is a book that I am gonna give into eventually, because I do really want to love this series.

So that was my top ten list for this week. If there are any of these books that I've mentioned that I should really give a try, please let me know :)
If you have a top ten list you would like to share, or you just want to read more top ten lists, then go ahead and CLICK HERE.

….
Elin

8 kommentarer:

  1. I'm currently reading Tiger's Curse and I have to force myself to get through it. I'm finding it terrible and like you I really wanted to enjoy it :'(

    And I loved Wither!!! It was a really good book. It's dark and disturbing. I haven't read the other 2 books in the series yet though....

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Yeah, it's a bummer with Tigers curse, but I guess you can't like all books ;)

      I think I will try Wither then, I have really wanted to for a while :)

      Slett
  2. I enjoyed Fallen well enough. Its not the best series in all the world and the 3rd book is a pain to get through, but the other 3 were entertaining enough.

    SvarSlett
  3. Valkyrie Rising is all right. There are a lot of pretty descriptions of Norway and it centers around Norse mythology, so if you picked it up for the setting you shouldn't be disappointed. I actually didn't like Graceling, I didn't even finish it. Sometimes I think I'm the only person who hated it.
    My TTT

    SvarSlett
  4. I nearly put Graceling on my list too. (Gosh, this week I had like a TON of books I would've put on my list...but probably good I stopped at 10. ;) I love fantasy and so many people swear by Graceling, buuuut...I've seen a lot of negative reviews for it. I didn't like Matched and I've heard a lot of hate on Fallen, so, probably skipping that one too. UGH. Too many decisions in a bookworms' life. ;)
    Here's my TTT!

    SvarSlett
  5. You probably should just skip Fault since you already know what is going to happen. Just my two cents.

    Here's my list of Books I'm Not Sure I Want to Read.

    SvarSlett
  6. I couldn't get through Tiger's curse either. It had a good plot, I just dont feel it was executed well. A lot of your books are on my TBR as well that I have been pushing off so I cant really recommend any to try lol
    My TTT

    SvarSlett
  7. Graceling is one of my absolute favorite books. Even if you just read that book in the series, it is worth it.

    SvarSlett