fredag 22. august 2014

Book Review: Thirteen Reasons Why

Short Synopsis:
This book is about a girl named Hanna Baker, who have committed suicide. Before she took her life she recorded cassette tapes, which contains 13 reasons why she decided on going through with it.
Clay Jensen receives these types, and finds out that he is actually one of the thirteen reasons.

If you would like to read the Goodreads synopsis click HERE.


My thoughts on the plot:
This was such an original book. I have never read anything like it. I thought the way it was written was just brilliant. It was a thrilling story, which i flew through. The way Asher conveyed both Hanna's and Clay's feelings were amazing, and I got sucked into the story right away. I was hooked from beginning to end, and I almost couldn't put it down, cause I just had to know how and why it all happened.

My thoughts on the characters:
I really liked the two main characters Clay and Hanna. I felt so bad for both of them. What they had to go through was so tragic and sad. I could feel the desperation and the hopelessness that Hanna was feeling, and I could definitely feel the frustration and sadness Clay went through. He wanted to help her so bad, but he knew it was to late.

All in all:
This book dives into a very serious and heavy subject, suicide. It definitely made you think about how you can affect other people, small things can have huge impacts on others, it can even change their lives. The book also shows how important it is to show people that you care. Even though people doesn't ask for help, it doesn't always mean they don't want and need it.
Such a strong book, and I loved every part of it. So without a doubt this books get a solid:
….
Elin

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar