mandag 25. august 2014

Bout of Books 11, Wrap Up

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is over, and I finished my first ever read a thon. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't get to read as much as I wanted, but I'm still pleased with the amount that I got through.

The challenges I gave myself were to read:

  • 3 books
  • and/or at least 1000 pages
Sadly I didn't finish any of these challenges. But I still had a great time, and I got through some pages still.
First of, I did finish Blood Promise by Richelle Mead:

Pages read: 338

I had already started this book before the read-a-thon began, and that is why the pages are not more. I did enjoy the book but it wasn't my favorite in the series, and I kind of felt like it dragged out a little bit and got a bit boring at times.












The next book i started and finished was Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher:

Pages read: 288

After reading Blood Promise, I was in the mood for something totally different, so I decided to pick up this book. And I'm so glad I did. I flew through it, which is always handy in a read-a-thon. 
I loved this book, and I did a book review for it, which you can go to by clicking HERE.











The last book I started was Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead:

Pages read: 167

My goal was to finish the Vampire Academy throughout this read-a-thon. That didn't exactly happen, but I still got a lot further through it. I haven't gotten very far into this book, and to be honest after Blood Promise I haven't been very eager to pick it up.
But I am hoping and wishing this book will be a lot better, and get me really into the series again.










Pages read in total: 793

I am so glad I participated in the Bout of Books, and it definitely made me want to do more read-a-thons in the future. Hopefully next time, I might be able to finish my goals as well :)

….
Elin

2 kommentarer:

  1. You did great! I still need to finish the Vampire Academy series. It's so good!

    SvarSlett
  2. this was my first BoB too! you did good:) I love 13 reasons why

    SvarSlett